Halloween is just around the corner! As you are scrambling to put together a costume for yourself and your little ones, we have something to make holiday decorating just a little bit easier. Personal Creations created 15 Jack O’Lantern templates in a range of difficulty levels and styles. The whole family can get involved – the teens can carve a fun emoji face, the crafter can do a graveyard scene and you can carve a cute ghost! If you have kids too young to handle sharp objects, they can also paint, glue beads or decorate with yarn. Happy Halloween everyone!
What you will need:
- Desired Pattern (click the image below to find your pattern)
- Pumpkin carving kit
How to carve a pumpkin:
- Wash any dirt off the pumpkin.
- Cut a round circle at the top and remove the stem. Make sure to keep it in tact to use later!
- Using the pumpkin scooper, remove all of the gooey insides and the pumpkin seeds. If you are adventurous, you can clean off the seeds and bake them with sea salt and spice for a protein-packed treat.
- Pick your template, print it out and tape it to the side of the pumpkin you wish to carve.
- using a thumb tack, puncture holes around the outer black portions of the template. Be sure the holes go into the pumpkin and leave the pattern in the pumpkin.
- Remove printed paper from the pumpkin
- Next, get to cutting with the pumpkin carving saw, following the design left by the tacks. Be sure you are only cutting the black parts of the template from the pumpkin.
- Place a tea candle inside and admire your handy work!
Disclosure: SKGaleana receives products in order to conduct reviews. Unless noted otherwise, no monetary compensation was provided. I only share and recommend products or services I think will be a good fit for my readers. All the opinions are 100% my own. In exchange for referrals, some posts may contain affiliate links that I may receive commission for payment. (See more here)