Struggling to find that perfect Christmas Gift? You and many others are in the same confined stocking. Everything is so commercialized and mass produced that nothing feels really special anymore. Not to mention that the bank accounts are often so low that buying a gift is more overwhelming than fun. You could carry on the tradition of worrying, struggling with ideas and fighting crowds, or you could do something new such as making the gifts this year. I always find that making a Christmas gift is far more meaningful than items I can find in a store because I can make them for each individual and personalize it.
There are so many ideas out there for DIY Christmas gifts, simply do a search on Pinterest and you will find tons of examples and creations. I have compiled a list of 13 DIY Christmas Gifts that are quick and easy to make. You can find Pom Pom Bookmarks for the readers in the family, soap (who doesn’t need that), Sugar scrub, edible plants and more in the list below.
- Make Pom Pom Bookmarks for that special reader. For those of us that like the feeling and smell of paper books, this is a great gift! Easy to make as well! Get the instructions from Design Mom
- Mini Origami Books are great stocking stuffers. How this little book should be used is left to the imagination of the recipient (perhaps an awesome flip book). Learn to make one at Paper Kawaii
- Another Pom Pom idea is the DIY Pom Pom Bag Charms. Take the pom poms from the bookmarks and create keychains, charms and other unique gifts. A little Yarn can make the fluffiest items. The bag charm instructions can be found on a pair & a spare
- Need a somewhat quick gift that will actually be used and enjoyed? Try the 10-Minute DIY Milk & Honey Soap. A very useful gift and extremely special because it was made by you. Instructions can be found on Happiness is Homemade
- Winter is here and naturally hands get cold. You could buy those “use once and throw away” hand warmers but that gets expensive. I think the best thing you could do is DIY! Some fabric, a little rice and a sewing machine makes a reusable hand warmer. Give them as gifts with fabric styled after each persons personality to make them special. Be sure to make one for yourself! Learn to make these hot little items at Little House Living
- These little Hot Chocolate Spoons are great for the connoisseurs of Chocolate. I always feel like there is not enough chocolate in my hot cocoa and these certainly help add an extra touch of deliciousness. A great Christmas gift and fast and easy to make. For more information and the instructions see The Nerds Wife
- Want to make something useful and luxurious? Then Body Butter is the place to start. Bring the spa home for Christmas with moisturizing Body Butter. Anyone who has used this stuff knows it is luxury in a jar. Learn how to make it at My Frugal Adventures
- A Quick and easy gift to make is the Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix in a Jar. Add the ingredients, seal the jar and give as a gift. Add a candy cane stirrer for that extra Christmasy touch. Recipe is available at The Yummy Life
- For those with a sweet tooth make Peppermints lollipops. Simply bake peppermint candies together and you get the perfect candy for the holidays! Get the instructions at Find it Make it Love it
- I find the Frosty the Snowman Candy Gift Pots totally adorable. Take a flower pot and paint it to look like Frosty the Snowman. Then fill it with their favorite goodies to make this the perfect Christmas Present. Get the instructions from Live Laugh Rowe
- Lips have to be protected this time of year and what better way to do that then with Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm. These are the perfect size for stocking stuffers and they will be very appreciated. Learn how to create these at Hip 2 Save
- Get really crafty and make Rustic Wood Craft Stick Coasters with a beautiful silhouette featuring whatever you want. Make four of these and give them as a gift. They will look great in any setting. Kids can also have fun creating their own sets for friends or family members (adult supervision required). Learn to make these table savers from By Dawn Nicole
- Plants are always a great gift. they are beautiful, fun to watch as they grow, and useful. This Christmas get creative by replanting the bottom of the celery stalk to create a beautiful kitchen plant that will grow yummy celery. Learn how to Grow Your Own Celery at SKGaleana