After watching an Episode of Cheburashka, I fell in love with the little character. He is so cute with his Teddy Bear like Body and really big ears. It isn’t a wonder on how the Cheburashka became so popular. In fact many of my readers fell in love with my Cheburashka cubeecraft.
I figured if everyone liked him sitting there on their desks and tables, why not make one with the new feature I created for the cubeecrafts: the Cubee-Follow-Me-Eyes (#CubeeFollowMeEyes).
As seen in the video above, as the cubeecraft is rotated the eyes follow the watcher. However, unlike the Achmed Cubeecraft with the Cubee-Follow-Me-Eyes, the Cheburashka keeps his cuteness. Many times I just want to pick him up and hug him. I have to remind myself that it is paper and therefore, crushes easily.
Warning: These are not simple to create. The eyes of the cubeecraft must be carefully cut out and the insert must be placed in at the right angle for this to work. Follow the instructions and please be very patient when creating the Cubee-Follow-Me-Eyes. When all is done correctly the cubeecraft’s eyes will look like they follow those who look at him. See the nimated Gif below or the Video above.
1. Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
2. Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
3. Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife including the long ones on each side of the head. Be careful not to cut to far.
4. Cut out the eyes where indicated.
5. Fold along each inner solid line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the body, arms, and feet. Each tab should slide into the corresponding white line holes.
6. Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
7. Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body (he should look like he is sitting)
The Head (see image for help)
8. (1) Put together the head but leave the top up like a lid.
9. (2) Fold the insert along the black line with the eyes facing out.
10. (3) Place the insert in the head. The bottom of the insert should be up against the corner of the cubeecraft. The tab on the end of the insert needs to slide through the back tab of the head so that the insert stays in place.
11. (4) Close the head.
12. Fold the ears in half color sides facing out
13. Slide the ears on either side of the head. The shaded side of the ears should be facing front.
14. Slide the completed body into the red slots on the base of the head.
Cheburashka with #CubeeFollowMeEyes is now complete (see image below to help with his creation).
Click the following images to download this cubeecraft. Or right click and select “save target as” Both Parts are needed to complete this cubeecraft
Be sure to share pics of your creation. I would love to share them on my facebook page