I had a request to make a Katy Perry Cubeecraft. I decided to make one from one of my favorite music video: Roar. This cubeecraft features Katy Perry in her jungle attire: a Grass skirt and a leopard print top.
Katy Perry is very difficult to make, it will require a steady hand with a craft knife to get all the small cuts perfect. The grass around the skirt will not be folded but stick out below the base of the body. BE CAREFUL to not split the tabs, those are need to form the body. This is difficult but not impossible 😀 I suggest cutting out the grass first before you begin cutting out the shapes to build the cubeecraft. It will keep your paper sturdy and could help with repairs if you do make a longer cut than wanted.
This printable papercraft is free to download, print and create. It cannot, however, be sold for money, be used commercially or used for anything that may violate the copyright.
1. Cut out the grass petals along the white lines over the black tabs. Be sure to not cut past the white. If you do you will split the tabs and require tape to repair.
2. Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
3. For the Head: Using a craft knife, Cut along the while lines of each tab and the while lines in the hair.
4. Cut along each red line using the craft knife.
5. Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, body, arms, and feet. On the head, the tabs must weave through the two openings so that her hair flows down
6. Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
7. Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
8. Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
She is now complete
Use the image below for an example of how he should look when completed.
To download this cubeecraft, click the image, right click, and select save as. You can then select a location on your computer. It will save a large image (2979 x 2354)
Be sure to share pics of your creation. I would love to share them on my facebook page