After I saw the sneak peek of the Evil Purple Minion from Despicable Me 2, I had to create a cubeecraft of him. It is the coolest and cutest minion I have seen and IT IS PURPLE. For those that follow my blog or have checked out my color scheme, I am obviously a purple lover. 😀 So of course these Minions call to me.
This Cubeecraft was very difficult to make. I had to take a mental break several times. The arms were a pain. How could I make them long and stretch to the back? First I had them as two parts. That didn’t work. So I created my own template making them a one piece L shape. I think this shape works well but I will let you be the judge.
The hair made me want to rip my own hair out. At first I had it like a crown which attached to the minion after it was put together. While it worked it had gaps. So I made the hair and the body of the minion a one piece. This however, leaves the inside of the cubeecraft completely open. This bugged me a little until A friend went gaga over it and used it to hold her gaming gum (she chews it when the games get intense). So it works for me now. LOL ALways good to get another’s perspective.
The purple minion is now a member of the cubeecraft world and the first step towards world domination BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!
To Print this cubeecraft just click the links above. You will need both templates to create this cubeecraft.
To Build the Cubeecraft:
- Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
- Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife including in either side of the face
- Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
- Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots you created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the body, arms, and feet
- Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
- Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
He is done. To download this cubeecraft click the links below and save them to your computer. Then print and create!