Christmas is two days away, the kids are home, and a happy chaos is echoing through the house. It is a great opportunity to sit the family down and watch some Nickelodeon favorites to celebrate the holidays! In anticipation of the coming of Christmas, Nickelodeon shared these delicious Gingerbread Decoration Instructions! We can learn how to make Blue and Josh’s house out of gingerbread and how to turn regular gingerbread cookies into our favorite Nickelodeon characters.
To get started, make the gingerbread cookie dough using the recipe provided below. Once it is rolled to 1/4 inch thick, use the template to cut out Blue’s house shape and use cookie cutters to create the following shapes:
- gingerbread man
- paw print
- House (use template)
Once all the shapes have been punched in the dough, bake according to instructions. After the cookies have cooled, start the decorating. Be sure to click and download the instructions below to learn how to decorate all the Nickelodeon cookies
Nick Gingerbread recipes.
- Ginger bread cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 5 cup flour, plus extra for dusting Royal Icing
- 3 tbso meringue powder
- 4 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (divided) – 1/4 cup for the icing base and remainder to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring (red, yellow, brown, black, green and more) Supplies
- Small, round icing tips
- Icing Bags
- Paring knife
- Wax Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Stencils (print and cutout)
- Large baking sheet
- Prepare the Gingerbread cookie dough by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl, adding the flour gradually until combined.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Roll out a large piece of dough to 1/4 in thickness directly onto a baking sheet. Use the stencils to cut out the shapes with a paring knife. Bale for 17-19 min (until firm and dark brown around the edges).
- Prepare the royal icing by mixing the meringue powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup warm water until combined.
- Follow the instructions in the provided PDF to make each Gingerbread cookie