From the limitless imagination of acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes a tale of two worlds set to collide in the epic saga DreamWorks Trollhunters, which follows ordinary teenager Jim Lake Jr. who inadvertently discovers an extraordinary secret civilization of mighty trolls beneath his small town of Arcadia. In celebration of this must-see series coming to Netflix on Friday, December 23rd, DreamWorks Animation Television and Netflix have released a fun featurette!
This epic saga isn’t your ordinary kids fare, as parents are just as likely to end up hooked. When the world of humans and trolls collide and an ordinary teenager is beckoned to save them both, parent and child alike will find themselves cheering on an unlikely yet lovable hero. With dozens of hours of unstructured time to fill until kids head back to school, DreamWorks Trollhunters has everyone at home covered with 26 cinematic episodes ripe for enjoyment. Mom & Dad should especially stay tuned for:
- 24 acts of bravery destined to build confidence.
- 15 jokes adults will love that kids won’t catch.
- 32 ways to appreciate the power of friendship.
- 14 times you might get a little choked up.
- 38 awkward moments that’ll remind you of high school.
- 14 creatures kids will describe later in painstaking detail.
- 5 worlds that’ll inspire fridge-worthy drawings.
- 7 scenes that could [potentially] motivate the kids to make you a meal.
- 46 times kids will totally get the giggles.
- 20 gross-out moments only a kid can love.
- 44 insane action scenes to reenact as a family.
- 16 inside jokes to last your family a lifetime.
- 16 times your resident trouble-maker may get new ideas.
- 21 moments that will awaken your inner hero.
- 15 lessons kids will learn whether they realize it or not.
In anticipation of TROLLHUNTERS premier on Netflix this Friday, here is a fun new rock candy recipe the whole family can enjoy! Start making them now to prepare for the TrollHunters, only on Netflix! Click the image below to download the recipe!
Warning: this recipe deals with extremely hot sugar. Adults should make the treats the rest of the family can crack them into crystals when the sugar cools.
From the limitless imagination of acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo del Toro comes a tale of two worlds set to collide in the epic saga DreamWorks Trollhunters. When ordinary teenager Jim Lake Jr. stumbles upon a mystical amulet on his way to school one morning, he inadvertently discovers an extraordinary secret civilization of mighty trolls beneath his small town of Arcadia. Suddenly destined to play a crucial role in an ancient battle of good and evil, Jim is determined to save the world – right after gym class. A must-see viewing event for the entire family, DreamWorks Trollhunters will bring viewers of all ages around the globe into the rich and creative world of this all-new Netflix original series, premiering worldwide December 23, 2016.
Voice talent includes Kelsey Grammer (“The Simpsons,” X-Men: The Last Stand), Ron Perlman (Hellboy, “Adventure Time”), Steven Yeun (“The Walking Dead”) and Anton Yelchin (Star Trek Beyond). Trollhunters is created and executive produced by Guillermo del Toro (Crimson Peak, Hellboy). Marc Guggenheim (TV’s “Arrow,” “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”), Rodrigo Blaas (animator Up, Brave, WALL•E), Christina Steinberg (Rise of the Guardians) and Chad Hammes (Dragons: Race to the Edge”) serve as executive producers. Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman are co-executive producers.