I was scanning the 25 days of Christmas facebook page when I found this cute recipe inspired by the movie Elf! The recipe on the site had an error so I made some changes to it with my own pancake batter mixture. The concept however, is still the same!
Buddy the elf prefers to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup. This recipe is perfect for an elf’s diet because it requires the lovely taste of 100% maple syrup!
Instead of using actual spaghetti noodles topped with maple syrup and sweets, this recipe takes a pancake batter and makes it look like spaghetti. While, I am sure, there are some people (especially elves) out there that love spaghetti and maple syrup, I think I would much rather have a decadent pancake. Top it of with some chocolate chips and you can really get into the holiday spirit!
2 Cups of flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
4 Teaspoons baking powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Butter, melted
2 cups of milk
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
To make this recipe:
1. sift together The Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and sugar.
2. Whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs, butter and milk) in a separate bowl
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir together.
4. Using a funnel, Pour batter into a condiment bottle
5. Lightly squeeze the bottle over a preheated pan or griddle in circular motion
6. Allow the pancakes to cook for 3 minutes and carefully flip (the edges are fragile)
Cook for another 1-2 minutes
7. Serve with Maple Syrup (YUMM)