Start the morning with Star Wars by making these yummy pancake-batter donuts decorated to look like BB-8, R2-D2, and Chewbacca. It will sure to be a Galactic Day with these yummy treats. Thanks to Disney Family, this recipe is free with detailed instructions.
From BB-8 to Chewbacca, everyone has a favorite Star Wars character. Bring these lovable creatures into your home with this delectable recipe for Star Wars Donuts. Disney Family
This recipe requires a donut pan and a donut hole pan. It also requires chocolate malts in various colors. The Star Wars Donuts are pretty easy to make, simply follow the instructions and they will turn out yummy
Star Wars Donuts
- 2/3 cups pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed coconut oil, vegetable oil, or melted butter
- 1/2 cup soy milk (or cows milk)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Donut pan
- Donut hole pan
- Dark and white chocolate candy melts
- Brown, black, orange, blue, and red candy melts
Photo and recipe from Disney Family
- Put pancake mix, milk, egg, honey, and oil in a bowl. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Lightly grease pans with vegetable oil. Spoon mixture into both until about 80% full
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350° F for 15 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- For BB-8: Melt white chocolate and black candy melts in the microwave. Dip donut in white chocolate and donut hole in black candy melts using a spoon. Mix black candy melts with white candy melts to create grey. Add BB-8 details using toothpicks, the melted grey chocolate, and melted orange chocolate.
- For R2-D2: Melt white chocolate and black candy melts in microwave. Dip donut in white chocolate and donut hole in black candy melts using a spoon. Mix black candy melts with white candy melts to create grey icing. Add R2-D2 details using toothpicks, the melted grey chocolate, melted blue chocolate, and melted red chocolate.
- For Chewbacca: Melt brown candy melts in microwave. Dip donut in it with a spoon and use a toothpick to drag the chocolate to mimic Chewbacca’s fur. Use melted dark chocolate, melted black candy melts, and melted white chocolate to draw on details with toothpicks.