The last two weeks have been nothing but holiday parties and New Year celebrations. Celebrating the classic times and then shedding the old to bring in the new. I know my last couple of weeks have been fun celebrating with family and watching as 2016 left to bring in the hopefully better 2017. It is almost sad to see the celebrations end as January 2nd rolls in. However, don’t despair. There are plenty of things to celebrate in January!
I bet you are quizzically looking at that last sentence. What on earth could there be to celebrate in January other then New Years Day? Much, I am happy to say! And we can have a party for each of these days! (I didn’t mean for that to rhyme, it just sort of happened that way)
Holidays to celebrate in January:
January 4 – National Spaghetti Day
- This one will be easy to celebrate. I am going to have a Family and friend dinner party featuring Spaghetti with several different sauces. Is it wrong that this may be my favorite holiday in January?
January 8 – Bubble Bath Day
- Now here is one everyone can enjoy…Although it may not be a “Party” day. It is more of a “Soak in the tub and let all the stress melt away” day. Of course kids will love this day as well. Get their favorite toys and explore the Bubbles of Mount. Bathtub.
January 10 – Houseplant Appreciation Day
- Here is something I didn’t know. Apparently houseplants can feel under appreciated. Therefore, Houseplant appreciation day is very important. Make sure every houseplant knows how much they are needed, I would say this is a perfect opportunity to throw them a party to show how much you care. Invite some plant friends (I hear spider plants are great at parties) and really set the music to ensure growth. Maybe some special plant food would be a great appreciation gift.
January 15 – National Hat Day
- The Mad Hatter has to be looking forward to this day, I mean Hats…that’s his thing. I know I will be wearing a rather unique piece and my family will be sharing in the fun. Disney Family created a fun Goofy Hat Printable to give us all something a little more…goofy
January 18 – Winnie The Pooh Day
- This day speaks for itself and is rather easy to create. Celebrate Winnie the Pooh day with a fun Winnie the Pooh party. I have posted a few Winnie the Pooh printables and party ideas that are sure to help with the celebration of a cute cuddly bear.
January 19 – National Popcorn Day
- Yummy Buttery bite size morsels that nearly melt in your mouth upon entry. Yeah I can live with that. Time to celebrate this day with a Star Wars Marathon!
January 25 – Opposite Day
- This day will be the worst. Simply Horrible as I try and figure out just how bad everything is in the world.
January 28 – Chinese New Year
- Happy New Year! And with that, Celebrations shall commence. PARTY TIME!
Obviously there are many more days to celebrate such and National Hug Day or National Bird Day. The trick to having a few good parties in the month of January is to find the days that speak to us. For me, Popcorn Day and Spaghetti Day are a must, as well as Winnie the Pooh Day. My family will enjoy these celebrations.
To help us figure out what holidays we would like to celebrate, Disney Family has created a fun printable calendar. Print and fill with the holidays that match what the family wishes to celebrate. It also helps to keep track of the many birthdays that seem to occur in January. Download the calendar at family.disney.com.
Here’s to a New Year and many more parties!