I am so excited! August is almost over and I can start looking to fall: fall foods, fall clothes, and fall weather! I suppose I have to admit that fall is my favorite season. I love everything about it…including Pumpkin Pie Spice everything!
Yup, I’m a pumpkin pie spice fiend. Once September 1st hits, my house smells like a pumpkin pie with ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg flying through the air as bake every yummy pumpkin puree recipe I can find. I have a special for pumpkin cookies, a delicious pumpkin cheese cake, and even a pumpkin pie spice coffee.
Wait, what? you don’t need Starbucks for a pumpkin pie spice coffee? Answer: nope. I mean, yeah, I am a Starbucks connoisseur. I often grab a Pumpkin Pie Spiced Latte or a Caramel Macchiato (I think I need coffee now), however, there is a way we can add the wonderful pumpkin pie spice flavor to our own homemade coffee.
It turns out that making pumpkin pie spice coffee is as easy as, well, making coffee. Everything is done the same except you add the pumpkin pie spice to the coffee grounds.So all we have to do is:
- Grind your coffee beans and place them in the filter,
- make the pumpkin pie spice mixture
- sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice over the top of the coffee grounds (do not mix),
- turn on the coffee machine and make your coffee,
- Add brown sugar and milk to taste and your pumpkin pie spice coffee is ready to enjoy.
The amount of pumpkin pie spice can be adjusted to the coffee drinkers liking; I use 1 tsp. for 1 cup of coffee or sprinkle all 4 tsp for a large pot of coffee. Use the recipe below to make the perfect pumpkin pie spice.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together
- Store in an airtight container.