Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous season 2 premieres exclusively on Netflix January 22, 2021! That means the one month countdown to season 2 starts today! I can hardly wait. The first season was epic!
In anticipation of the release of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous season 2, we can celebrate the holidays by creating our very own Jurassic World Gingerbread Gates! The PDF below contains printable templates and instructions on how to support and build these Jurassic World gates. simply click the image below to download the PDF and begin the baking fun!
I have included the recipe from the PDF below so that you can get a sneak peek of the ingredients and items needed.
Jurassic World Gingerbread Gates
- Ginger bread cookies
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 5 cup flour, plus extra for dusting Royal Icing
- 3 tbso meringue powder
- 4 cup powder sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (divided) – 1/4 cup for the icing base and remainder to reach desired consistency
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Food coloring (red, yellow, brown, black, green and more) Supplies
- Small, round icing tips
- Icing Bags
- Paring knife
- Wax Paper
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Stencils (print and cutout)
- Large baking sheet
- Prepare the Gingerbread cookie dough by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl, adding the flour gradually until combined.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Roll out a large piece of dough to 1/4 in thickness directly onto a baking sheet. Use the stencils to cut out the shapes with a paring knife. Bale for 17-19 min (until firm and dark brown around the edges).
- Prepare the royal icing by mixing the meringue powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1/2 cup warm water until combined.
- Follow the instructions in the provided PDF to make each Gingerbread cookie