I love Family.Disney.com! It is a great place to find fun recipes that kids will love to help make and eat. Like Disney says,
Kids are more tempted to try new foods when they are presented in a fun and attractive way
The Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomatoes certainly follow through with their ideals of fun and attractive. Like food connoisseur, kids eat with their eyes first. Sometimes a blob of tuna salad just doesn’t look appealing enough to eat. But add a tomato head and olive ears to form an abstract Mickey Mouse head and you have a recipe for fun that entices the imagination and taste buds. Of course, taste is a much need factor in the equation of trying new foods. We may eat with our eyes first, but we taste with our mouths. Good thing the Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomatoes taste delicious with the minced dill.
The Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomatoes takes, at the max, 20 minutes to make. There is no cooking or baking involved! Get everything chopped and ready to go and creating them will be a breeze.
- 1. Put tuna in a medium bowl and flake apart with a fork.
2. Gently stir in the mayo, scallions, celery and dill until everything is evenly mixed. Set aside.
3. Cut the tops off of the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
4. Carefully fill tomatoes with the tuna salad, mounding it slightly at the top
5. Cut a slit through the bottom of each olive slice. Place two olives on each tomato so that they look like mouse ears.
6. Top each tomato with an additional dill leaf, if desired.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve (up to one day).
The Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomatoes can turn into Mickey Mouse Egg Tomatoes by substituting the can of Tuna with 6 chopped boiled eggs. This changes the recipe from Tuna Salad to Egg Salad.
The Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomatoes recipe was found at Family.Disney.com. I made a few changes to the ingredients by picking out organic vegetables and Tuna. Also, making homemade mayonnaise is so easy and only takes 30 seconds. Adding these changes makes the meal even more healthy and better for anyone enjoying a Mickey Mouse Tuna Tomato.