Iroh was an easy going man who many times appeared to not have a care in the world. But as you watch the tv series Avatar the Last airbender, his character develops and expands into one of the most deep and understanding characters. By appearance one would never know the true power Iroh had and the skill he had towards fire bending. His wisdom often sounded more like statements of a crazy man rather than cryptic messages and lessons.
After the loss of his son in a war against the earth benders, Iroh no longer wanted to be a man of war. Instead of seeking revenge, he began seeking peace and understanding. This attitude change allowed Ozai to take advantage of his so-called weakness and take the throne as Fire Lord Ozai. Iroh would later follow Zuko in banishment and become a traitor to the fire nation as he helped Team Avatar on their quest.
Iroh did his best to help guide Zuko on a path separate from the family and allowed Zuko to make his own decisions, supporting his choices and being more like a father to Zuko that Ozai ever was.
Even tho I find Iroh to be a wise character full of love for his nephew, he can also be an idiot. His love for tea at one point gets him in trouble when he drinks a poisonous plant and requires assistance. Delectable tea or deadly poison?
Once ATLA ended I thought I would never see Iroh again, but Avatar Legend of Korra introduce him in the spirit world. When he first appeared to help little Korra in the spirit world, I have to admit I was giddy with excitement. If The creators of Korra (Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko) needed to bring back a character from the original series, Iroh was indeed the best choice. who best to advise and assist the Avatar than a man with a deep connection to the Spirit World?
I can write an entire essay on the character of Iroh, his significance, and how his past shaped him. However, You came to this blog post for one of my most prized cubeecrafts. 😀
In this cubeecraft I wanted to catch the kindness, but also the sadness he has in his eyes. I chose the Earth Kingdom clothes because he just appeared more confortable in that area of the Avatar world. I may at a later date create a cubeecraft of him in his White Lotus clothes. That battle was epic and you really get to see just how powerful Iroh really is.
1. Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
2. Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
3. Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
4. Cut along the beard and the side facial hair using an x-acto knife. This will allow them to remain straith and not bend when you fold the cubeecraft. See the 3d image for assistance
5. Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, body, arms, and feet
6. Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
7. Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
8. Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
He is now complete
Use the image below for an example of how he should look when completed.
To download this cubeecraft, click the image, right click, and select save as. You can then select a location on your computer.
Be sure to share pics of your creation. I would love to share them on my facebook page