To save her father’s life, Mulan dresses as a soldier and takes her father’s place in the army. The catch: if she is caught it means death due to the fact that Women were not allowed to serve. However, this was a chance she was willing to take for her family.
In the Disney movie, Mulan struggles with who she is, unable to do things right according to their traditions and honor. When her father is called off to war, she takes his place and leaves home. The ancestors of her family come alive once they realize the horrible decision Mulan had made. They call upon the Great Stone Dragon to bring her home. Unfortunately, Mushu, destroys the dragon while trying to wake him up. He instead embarks on the journey with his little cricket friend, to help Mulan become a soldier and save China.
I have made 3 different Mulan dresses. This is 1 of 3. She wears this dress in the beginning of the film before she dawns the dress to see the matchmaker. It is really ironic that while this dress is seen for maybe only a few moments, most art pieces have her wearing it.
This Cubeecraft has two parts, and you will need both to complete it.
- Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
- Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
- Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
- Cut along the white line above the hair.
- Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, arms, and feet
- Fold along the base lines of the dress. Slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife.
- Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the dress.
- Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the dress.
- Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
- Slide the fan into Mulan’s Hand
She is done. To download this cubeecraft click the links below and save them to your computer. Then print and create!