Clifford The Big Red Dog is now available on Blu-ray and DVD! Fans everywhere can watch the most lovable pooch on any device they choose and watch as Emily attempts to hide the biggest secret the city has ever seen! To get the Blu-ray or DVD hit Amazon.com (affiliate link) and grab a copy.
Just in time for this movie release and our watch party, I received the cutest Clifford plushie the world has ever seen along with a copy of the Blu-ray! Can I just say ADORABLE! He is now my best friend and he will join me and my family in the best Watch Party ever! Of course, the pooch will be passed around, as he is now everyone’s best friend. Thank you Paramount Home Entertainment for the amazing gift! What a great way to celebrate the release of Clifford the Big Red Dog!
Now on to the awesome movie party Watch Kit! Below there are plenty ideas, recipes, and printables to help celebrate the new Clifford movie. There will also be affiliate links provided where you can get some of the fun items needed to throw the Watch Party. Get ready to dive into the world of Clifford The Big Red Dog!
Start the planning by setting up a table and covering it with a yellow table cover. Yellow will help provide a nice contrast to all the red that will be displayed on the table. If desired, add a red back drop to the table to showcase some of the decorative items we will make for the party.
Now let’s fill that table with Clifford awesomeness!
Make a Snack Bar
Provide snackage for the kids (or adults) attending the party. Keeping with the theme, make everything puppy themed or red. Kids can create their own snack mix cups using red paper cups filled with different ingredients of their choice from the snack bar. Items would include popcorn, cereal pieces, and a lot of red candies and ingredients.
What you will need:
- Clear Snack Containers
- Red Treat Boxes
- Snack Bar Ingredients:
- Cereal (cheerios or chex)
- Chocolate Chips
- Bone Candies
- Scooby Snacks
- Dried strawberries
- Red gummier bears
- red M&Ms
- Anything else you feel will fit the theme
Place all of the ingredients in their designated containers and place the scoops inside. Then place the red treat boxes next to them and allow everyone to make their own snack boxes. Use a printable place card (provided at the bottom of this post) to label the Snack Bar with important instructions.
Candy Melt and Pretzel “Bones” – Recipe
These bone treats are for kids (not pups) and are perfect to make for a Clifford The Big Red Dog watch party!
- What you need:
- Pretzel rods
- Mini marshmallows
- White candy melts, divided
- Wax paper
- Break the pretzel rods into small pieces, approximately 2” long.
- Melt half of the candy melts per package directions. Dip the ends of two mini marshmallows into the melted candy, then stick to one end of the pretzel rod, then lay on wax paper. Repeat with two more mini marshmallows and stick them to the other side of the pretzel, so the pretzel and marshmallows resemble the shape of a bone. Repeat to make as many bones as you’d like, then let cool until the candy dries and hardens.
- Melt the remaining candy melts. Dip the pretzel bones into the melted candy, shaking off the excess. Lay on wax paper until the candy dries completely.
Clifford’s “Bark-uterie” – Recipe
This kid-friendly charcuterie board is full of kid-favorite meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables. Bone-shaped cookie cutters add to the fun. This snack will be a BIG hit for a Clifford The Big Red Dog movie watch party!
- What you need:
- Board or serving platter
- Bone-shaped cookie cutter
- Red Plates and napkins
- Your favorite deli meats and cheeses (such as ham, turkey, salami, cheddar, and Monterey Jack)
- Red fruits (such as strawberries, raspberries, and cherries)
- Red veggies (such as cherry tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper)
- Use the cookie cutter to cut the meat and cheese into bone shapes.
- Arrange the meat and cheese on the board. Surround with crackers, then fill the remaining space with fruit and vegetables.
- What you will need:
- Red Kool-Aid, fruit punch, or cranberry juice
- clear cups
- red/white striped straws
Place the drinks in the red cops and put in the straw.
Dog Bone Garland
The Dog Bone Garland will add a nice touch to the whole party. Make as much as you want and stream it everywhere.
- To make you will need:
- White Paper
- Dong Bone cookie cutters or free hand
- Trace small and large dog bones on white paper or freehand them by drawing dog bones.
- Cut out the shapes
- Place two large dog bones back to back over the string and glue the backs together
- Place two small dog bones back to back and glue together
- Repeat the pattern until you have enough garland
Clifford Mask Craft
Such a simple craft, but such BIG fun! This paper plate mask is a fun and creative activity to celebrate the release of Clifford The Big Red Dog.
- What you need:
- Red plate
- Red and black construction paper
- Popsicle stick
- Double-sided tape
- Masking tape
- Black marker
- Cut eye holes into plate.
- Cut 2 red ears and 1 black nose out of construction paper. Attach to the plate with double-sided tape.
- Draw a mouth under the nose using the marker.
- Attach the popsicle stick to the back of the plate with masking tape to make a handle for the mask.
Clifford activity booklet
This activity book features several pages of fun all featuring our favorite x-large pup, Clifford! from coloring to wordsearches, this book will keep both kids and adults busy! Print out individual pages for party goers to select their favorite, or give each attendee the whole book, either way, it is all fun and games!
- Clifford Activity Booklet includes
- Search and Find
- Connect the dots
- color by number
- Finish the drawing
- spot the difference
- Describe your pet worksheet
- Mad Libs Pet Story
- Make your Own Pet Tag
- Word find
Click here to get the booklet.
Be sure to thank all the attendees for coming with special party favor bags.
- What you will need:
- “Thanks BIG Time!” printable round label (provided below)
- clear treat bag
- Your choice of red candies/wrapped candies.
place the candies in the clear bag, tie it off, and add the Thank you label. These can be given after the movie when everyone goes home.
here are the printable items that will make your party stand out. Use the Large sign to decorate the food table, use the place cards to label foods with fun names, and use the little round tags to make awesoe treat bags. The cupcake wrappers can decorate awesome cupcakes, and the activity booklet will be a fun book for all the Clifford fans.
Now that the ideas have been shared and the printables are downloaded, it is time to create the most PAWsome watch party ever!