I became a huge fan of Fruits Basket after I watched the entire season on netflix (Yes, I am one of those that stayed up all night just to watch an entire season and fall in love with it 😀 ). From there I had to know more of what happened to all the characters, Do Tohru and Kyo ever finally make their love work? Who does Yuki fall in love with? Do they ever break the curse?
Of course after just a little research I found that all my answers were in the Fruits Basket Manga. I eventually read all of those (that took a lot longer than 1 night hahahaha).
After my discovery of such a wonderful anime, I began making cubeecrafts of my favorite characters. It turns out that many of you love them so much that I am getting requests for other Sohma family members.
Today’s cubeecraft is of Momiji Sohma. He is the rabbit of the Chinese Zodiac. Momiji is a very cheerful boy who is often mistaken for an elementary school student although he is 15 years old. Even Tohru fell for his cute young boyish charm, making her think he was a cute little kid instead of a teenager.
Momiji, while most of the time appearing bubbly and happy, also has a tough past like most of the Sohma family zodiac members. His mom could not handle the idea that her son changed to a rabbit every time he was hugged by a member of the opposite sex. She eventually had her mind erased so that she wouldn’t lose her sanity. Momiji knows who his mother is but his mother is to never know who he is. While he sometimes appears sad over these events, he never really lets it bring him down. He is often overly excited and an annoyance to Kyo (but in all honesty who doesn’t annoy Kyo LOL).
1. Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
2. Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
3. Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
4. Cut along the white line above the hat. the hat will not fold when you fold along the black line.
5. Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, arms, and feet, and body
6. Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
7. Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
8. Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
He is now complete
Use the image below for an example of how he should look when completed.
To download this cubeecraft click the images below. Right click and click save image as. When you save the images below you will save a large 2979×2354 pixel image.
This cubeecraft is free to download, print and create. It is a fun way to show off your favorite character from Fruits basket. These cannot be sold or used for promotional purposes, they are for personal use only.
I hope you Enjoy this cubeecraft of Momiji.
Be sure to share pics of your creation. I would love to share them on my facebook page