Disney’s newest film, Raya and the Last Dragon is now in select theaters and streaming with premium access on Disney+. This fantasy driven film takes place in Kumandra, home to a warrior named Raya. When her home is threatened by evil, Raya must go on a search for last dragon in hopes that it will save her people and the world.
Inspired by Disney’s newest film, I had to make a Raya cubeecraft paper craft! This printable craft features Raya’s awesome double braid, epic sword, and iconic hat.
The Raya cubeecraft is a little harder to make due to her long hair. There are tiny tabs at the neck that must be cut in order for them to connect. Be careful that these small tabs are not accidently removed or sliced in half. They are needed to keep the head sturdy. The optional hat will come together to look almost like a pyramid with the lower flaps folding inward to connect to the already created slots that form the head.
Use the instructions below to build your very own Raya and the Last Dragon Cubeecraft Paper Craft. Be sure to share your creations in the comments below!
Materials needed the Raya Cubeecraft
- Card stock
- x-acto knife
- Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
- Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
- Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
- Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots you created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, body, arms, and feet
- Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
- Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
- Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
- Cut out the sword along the outer black lines. Be sure both sides stay connected. Fold the two in half to make the image double -sided
- Cut out the hat along the outer black lines.
- using an x-acto knife, cut along the white on each tab
- Fold along the sold black lines
- connect the hat together to form a pyramid
- fold the tan tabs inward and connect them to the head so that Raya is now wearing a hat
- Put the sword in her hand and she is complete
To get the Raya template, click the images below and save them to your computer. Then print and create by following the instructions above.