Although it isn’t Halloween yet, I still receive some request for some Halloween characters. I guess for some Halloween is all year :D.
I don’t usually create creepy characters, but I guess there is a first and last time for everything Yhis request came from a dedicated fan on my facebook page.
The Caretaker, also known as Dr. Albert Caine, is the iconic creepy dude from Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios.
“The Caretaker was not the original icon for Halloween Horror Nights XII. Cindy, the daughter of mortuary owner Paul Bearer, was originally the icon of the event. In the event’s premise, every land would be ruled over by her “playthings”. After several child abductions in the area, the Cindy concept was abandoned and her father Paul Bearer morphed into Dr. Albert Caine, also known as The Caretaker.” (Wikipedia)
This cubeecraft is a little more difficult to make. He has a long coat and some longish hair. Instead of the standard locking tabs he had to be made with tabs that weave through the cubeecraft.
How To make:
- Cut out each item along the outer black lines.
- Cut along the white on each tab using the x-acto knife
- Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
- Cut along the chin using an x-acto knife. This will allow it to remain straight and not bend when you fold the cubeecraft. See the 3d image for assistance
- Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head, body, arms, and feet
For the bottom of the head the tabs slide through two openings Weave it out and then in to blend the tab with the cubeecraft hair.
The same is done for the body. Weave the tabs out and then in through the openings.
- Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
- Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
- Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
- The round rim of the hat goes through the edge openings on the top of the head. Fold the tabs down and slide them through the openings. The part of the rim with no tab goes in front along the edge of the face.
- The top of the hat slides through the top of the head.
He is done. To download this cubeecraft click the links below and save them to your computer. Then print and create!