Homemade Mickey Mouse Campfire S’mores Recipe
Finish this summer off with a classic gone Disney when you make Homemade Mickey S’mores. Perfect for any campfire celebration! Disney Family states,
We have a fun twist on a beloved classic treat that you can enjoy aside a campfire or even in the comfort of your own home!
Stuffed with rich marshmallow and chocolate and homemade, crisp graham crackers, this recipe is sure to bring smiles all around. S’mores have always been a childhood favorite, and in the shape of Mickey Mouse that gooey classic just transforms becomes so much more magical. family.disney.com
These Homemade S’mores require a little work but are so worth it. There is nothing like homemade graham crackers and marshmallows with a gooey layer of chocolate. Follow the instructions below and end your summer with the best campfire treat made to look like Mickey Mouse.
Homemade Mickey S'mores
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup butter, chilled & cubed
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter
- 3 (1/4-ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chocolate bars
Photo and recipe from family.disney.com
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the graham crackers, combine both flours, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, flax seeds and baking soda in a food processor. Add cubed & chilled butter to the mix and pulse until mix is coarse. Add honey, water and vanilla and continue to mix until combined. Remove the dough and shape into a ball. Roll out dough, about 1/4 inch thick and cut out crackers using Mickey Mouse cookie cutter. Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool completely on cooling rack before removing.
- To prepare to make the vanilla marshmallows, lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Line pan with plastic wrap.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1/4 cup water. Place saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil; boil rapidly for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- With the mixer on high, slowly pour the boiling syrup down the side of the mixer bowl into gelatin mixture. Add salt and mix for 12 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract & mix until well combined.
- Spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray & spread mixture evenly into pan. Spray a sheet of plastic wrap with cooking spray and place, spray side down, on top of marshmallows. Allow to set for at least 2 hours.
- Gently remove marshmallows from pan. Using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, cut out marshmallows and toss in powdered sugar.
- Place each marshmallow and chocolate bar between two graham crackers. Toast and enjoy!