Dracula is the most feared vampire of all the vampires in existence: pale, sparkling or otherwise. That is, until he became monster conscious. Apparently, Dracula no longer drinks blood but drinks a blood substitute; I am not sure where it comes from or how it is made, but it is human-free.
This friendlier version of Dracula comes from one of the most awesome animated Halloween movies I have seen called Hotel Transylvania; featuring voices from Adam Sandler (Dracula), Andy Samberg (Jonathan), Selena Gomez (Mavis), Kevin James (Frankensteine), Steve Buscemi (Wayne), David Spade (Griffin), CeeLo Green (Murray), Fran Drescher (Eunice) and so many more! Basically a bunch of friends got together and created the ultimate monster movie about love, parenting and the monster-human conundrum. And get this, the first one was such a hit that Hotel Transylvania 2 is coming to theaters Sept 25, 2015!
With a release date for Hotel Transylvania 2 so close to Halloween, I figured my Halloween cubeecrafts for 2015 had to be Hotel Transylvania monsters and maybe a human or two. I mean, come on, the theme was practically handed to me, blah blah blah!
As you may have already figured out, the first cubeecraft in the Halloween Hotel Transylvania theme is Dracula, the leading man himself. You would think owning a hotel would make a man very accepting of change, but Dracula is no mere man. In fact most of the time he is usually against change, until Johnny turns his world upside-down. His overprotective senses when it comes to his daughter are usually stifling and sometimes a little scary. However, when he is relaxed, Dracula can actually have fun flying around on tables or singing and dancing.
Dracula has pale skin (of course, no sunshine allowed), Blue eyes and Black hair. He wears a black cape with a purplish lining, black tuxedo and black shoes. Let’s just say the man is a fan of the color black…or is it the shade black? Whatever it is, he likes it and wears it. His hair is slicked back around his ears finishing off his clean look. He has pointy vampire teeth and a long face (probably to mimic Adam Sandler’s egg shaped head).
This cubeecraft features many of Dracula’s characteristics with a long chin, black hair and collar for the cape. The cape is a little different to attach, but it completes the look. In reality, the cubeecraft doesn’t have to wear the cape. There are scenes where Dracula is seen without it. So basically it is your choice whether Dracula wears the cape or not.
Dracula is free to download, however, I will accept donations. These projects take a long time to create and any amount is much appreciated!
To Build the Cubeecraft:
Dracula has two pages The first page is the head, feet, body and arms of Dracula. The second page is the cape.
- Cut out each item along the outer black lines (from both pages).
- Cut along the white on each tab, the white around the chin and the two white lines at the neck of the body using the x-acto knife
- Cut along each red line using the x-acto knife
- Fold along each inner solid black line and slide each tab into the slots you created with an x-acto knife to form a cube of the head (the chin should be sticking out…see photo above), body, arms, and feet
- Slide the arms through the red slots on either side of the body.
- Slide the feet through the red slots at the base of the body.
- Slide the now completed body through the red lots of the head.
- Fold the Cape in Half along the center line so that black is facing out on one side and purple is facing out on the other.
- Using an x-acto knife, cut along the white lines. Be sure the cut goes through both sides of the cape.
- Attach the cape with the small piece by sliding the tabs through the openings just created and then sliding it into the back of dracula’s body.
- Fold along the black lines of the color color side facing out.
- Slide the T tab through the space between the body and the head in the back.
- Slide the two side tabs through the neck holes made earlier in the body. This should keep the collar in place.
Dracula is now complete. To download the template click the images below and save them to your computer.