Gabby’s Dollhouse has remained a huge hit in the preschool world. With their fun crafts, cute cats, and amazing lessons, this show is approved by parents and adored by children. The magical world of Gabby’s Dollhouse is an amazing world where we can be, do, and create anything. Whether it is helping those in need or creating something fun, Gabby and her friends have what we need to have a marvelously creative day.
Since my Baby Box Papercraft has been such a big hit, I have decided to follow through with requests and also make a Mama Box. She is, of course, the mom of Baby Box. She wears a yellow dress with hearts, has red pipe cleaners for whiskers, and pinkish-purple hair. In the show Mama Box is taller than Baby Box. If you want Baby Box to be smaller, print the pattern at a smaller percentage, create, and place them side by side. NOTE: printing baby Box smaller will make her harder to create.
To make Mama Box, download the PDF by clicking the image below then follow the instructions to assemble the Mama Box Papercraft.
What you will need to make the Mama Box papercraft:
- Printed Pattern
- Exacto Knife
- Glue stick or Elmer’s Glue with a Q-tip
NOTE: An adult should do all the cutting with scissors and the x-acto knife.
- Print on cardstock
- Cut along the outer solid lines of all 5 pieces.
- using an x-acto knife, cut along the white lines around the whiskers. We don’t want these to fold when we build the square head.
- Fold along each solid line within the head shape, including the long horizontal line in the center. Be sure all folds have colors side facing out. Be sure not to fold the whiskers.
- Along the dotted lines on the side of the head carefully fold color sides together. Be sure the crease is only along the dotted lines.
- Place glue on the white tabs on the side of the head and glue it to the inside of the opposite panel
- Place glue along the white tabs at the bottom of the head and glue them to the corresponding sides on the inside. Leave the head open for now. It will help when gluing the dress and feet to the head.
- Fold along The solid lines. Be sure not to fold along the black line that makes the doll have two legs.
- Place glue on the large tab and glue it to the inside of the opposite panel
- Place glue on the 3 white tabs and glue them to the inside of the corresponding panels. This should form a long rectangular box. Let dry.
The body can be a dixie cup painted yellow with heart stickers added or you can use the template provided.
- Cut along the red lines of each side of the dress. This is where the arms will go.
- Place glue on the large white tab and glue the tab to the inside of the opposite side of the curve. let dry. This should form a bottomless cup
- Fold the arms in half along the top of the paw with color sides facing out.
- Place the arms in the slots made by the exacto knife and test how you want them displayed. If you want them straight out then follow the designated lines. If you want them positioned up or down, fold the tabs where desired.
- Spread the tabs out and glue them to the inside of the dress. Make sure the paws face the front. before you glue the arms in place. let dry
- At the top of the dress, fold each small blue tab down half way.
- Add glue to each tab and glue the dress to the bottom of the head in the center. Be sure the arms are positioned on each side of the body and that they are facing forward.
- Place glue on the top of the white square of the feet. Place the legs up through the dress and glue them to the bottom of the head. Make sure the feet are facing forward with the pom-poms facing front. Let dry
- Carefully form the milk-carton top of Mama Box’s head. This is done by pushing the sides inward along those dotted-line folds and bringing the ears together.
- Place glue on the white tab and glue to the inside of the opposite panel.
- Glue the back of the ears together.
The Head is now done. Be sure to let set and dry completely.
Mama Box is now done and ready to display!