This week, Disney’s Facebook page shared a recipe featuring Anna from Disney’s Frozen and her delicious Hot Cocoa Blizzard. Let me put this into perspective. It is mid summer, hotter than Hades’ fire, and we are given a holiday recipe meant to warm the bones in the dead of winter. Hey Disney, not all of us have am Elsa that can produce a blizzard in the summer months, hahaha
Since it is hot outside, and Disney has provided a great recipe for the chocolate lovers, there are two ideas that can change this drink from a winter drink to a summer drink. After you make the drink following the recipe provided below and before you add the whipped cream, you can do one of two things.
- Let the drink cool and then add fun snowflake ice cubes (affiliate link).This will turn the Hot Cocoa into an Iced Cocoa., sort of like an Iced Mocha. Follow up with the whipped cream topping and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and the drink has become a cooling sensation for the whole family.
- Let the drink cool place 1 cup of the hot chocolate in a blender with a cup of ice and blend until it becomes a frappe. Add a few chocolate chips while blending to give it the extra chocolate oomph it needs. Once blended to your liking, top with whipped cream. Now the hot beverage is the perfected iced drink for summer.
If you can think of other ways to cool this beverage down, share them in the comments below.
Anna's Hot Cocoa Recipe
A Delicios hot brew.
Credit: Disney Facebook
- 4 Cups of Milk
- 1/4 Cup Hot Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Chopped Chocolate Bar
- Whipped Cream
- Gather cocoa powder, milk, and sugar
- Over medium heat, whisk mixture until warm (not boiling)
- Add chopped chocolate bar and whisk until it melts in smoothly
- Pour into your favorite mug and top with whipped cream