Ooh la la, Belt and his friends are back in the brand new film, The Croods: A New Age, coming to Blu-ray and 4K Feb. 23, 2021. This time Eep, Guy, Grug, Ugga, Thunk, Gran, Chunky, and Belt brave the dangers of the world, explore the wilds, and search for a little place to call home. Through their travels, Eep and Guy get closer to each other…and closer to the family. much to Guy’s dismay.
But the closeness becomes distant when the pack runs into a beautiful haven made by the Bettermans. At first the food, the showers, and the easy life seems magical and perfect, but things are not always as they appear. Quarrels, loneliness, and more are in the future as The Croods attempt to adjust. The only one seeming to have no problem with the current situation is Belt. He meets a beautiful pink sloth named Sash and falls madly in love. She is totally adorable.
To celebrate their love, Dreamworks made a very unique cookie recipe that can be molded and shaped. Of course you can make them into the “S” as directed, or you can shape them into a heart for Valentine’s Day. The options are endless!
Follow the instructions below to make the cookies and share them with the one you love on Valentine’s Day! Then Buy The Croods: A New Age on Blu-ray from Amazon.com (affiliate link) to have a fun movie night together.
Sweet Sash and Belt Cookies
A Valentine's Day Love gesture.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Egg Wash (1 egg yolk and 1 tsp whole milk)
- 2 tsp Turbinado Sugar
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a large bowl, using a electric whisk, whisk eggs till frothy (3-4 min)
- Slowly add sugar, whisk till combined and slightly thickened (2 min)
- Add oil, vanilla extract and zest
- Add dry ingredients, mix with a spoon until dough is soft
- Scoop (approx. 2 Tbsp) Dough out in pieces on a floured surface
- Roll each piece into 4-5 inch strands with 1/2 inch diameter.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet in a “S” shape or a heart.
- Brush cookies with egg wash
- Sprinkle with Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 15-17 min in the middle of the oven till underneath is slightly brown
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.